« Drastic action against comment spam! | Main | RMI over SSH »

Spam filters don't work

This may be too drastic a conclusion -- but my first and only experience with a SPAM filter was a disaster. I installed an eval. copy of the IHateSpam and was quite pleased with the way it integrated with my Outlook client.

However, after a week of using it, I found myself spending more time with junk mail. To its credit, IHateSpam identified around 80% of the mail correctly but the remaining 20% gave me more headache. I found myself spending way too much time rummaging the Quarantine folder for legitimate mail -- more than it took me to delete SPAM manually.

Luckily, I was able to cleanly uninstall IHateSpam!


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on November 12, 2003 11:09 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Drastic action against comment spam!.

The next post in this blog is RMI over SSH.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.33