Year 2002 in perspective
I was reflecting on some of the major happenings (well, at least for me) of Year 2002. It was quite an year!!
- Released my first opensource project at source forge: XPB4J. It was quite an experience -- setting up an account with SourceForge, preparing the website and documentation and getting listed at a no. of online journals. Sad part is that it is almost moribund now.
- Year 2002 was my first year of making a number of presentations in industry seminars and conferences: SDWest2002, SD Forum, Technology Association of Georgia, Atlanta and HP World2002.
- Akriti got admitted into Millikin Basic elemntary school -- one of the best schools around.
- First full year of Unnati turned out to be very different from her older sister, Akriti. A lot more active and rumbunctious.
- Veena started driving and got her own car.
- HP Press recruited me to write a book titled J2EE Security for Servlets, EJBs and Web Services.
- INS gave the ticket to stay in US as long as we want.
- Freshmeat.Net published my account of ergonomic trauma.
- A noumber of close friends had to move out of Bay Area due to worsening tech economy of the valley.
- HP got out of Middleware business. This had many impacts -- one of them being job uncertainty for many months.
- Thanks to the red hot housing market of the valley -- Had no luck in finding a reasonable and affordable house.
- The brokerage account continued to be in dumps -- losing ever more money.